WELCOME TO BIBLICAL CITIZENSHIP
Biblical citizenship is honoring God by living like Jesus as a citizen of heaven in our society, under the authority of human government (Philippians 3:20; 1 Peter 1:13).
Biblical Citizenship is based on God’s plan for the relationship between God, government and individuals. The Bible teaches that all governing authority comes from God and that He determines all the times and boundaries for nations.
Therefore, government has the God-given responsibility to promote peace, encourage good and restrain evil (Romans 13:1-4; 1 Peter 2:14; Acts 17:24-31), and, individuals have the God-given responsibility to honor governing authorities by submitting to them except when their directives are opposed to God’s principles (Romans 13:1, 5-7; 1 Peter 2:13, 15-17; Acts 5:29).
Biblical Citizenship Team Purpose
To equip individual followers of Jesus to live according to God’s plan before God and government. Our focus is on providing valuable citizenship information to the members and regular attendees of Emmanuel Faith Church.
Contact Information: John Waring, (760) 480-9454; or Pastor Josh Rose, (760) 781-2120.
The Emmanuel Faith Community Church Elder Board has clearly explained the biblical teaching on important moral issues such as gender identity, sexuality, human life, and marriage and the family.
Use the following links to begin your journey as an informed Biblical Citizen:
• Biblical Citizenship Defined (PDF)
• How to Contact Your Elected Officials (PDF)
• Online Resources (PDF - Links to helpful information on current topics)
• EFCC Statements of Affirmation (following the U.S. Supreme Court Obergefell v. Hodges decision)
• EFCC Position Statement on Marriage, Family and Life (PDF)
• What Happens When Christians Vote (PDF)
• LGBTQ+ME Resources (outlines and audio files from spring 2019 series)
• Sex Ed in Schools Seminar audios - see links above to the right
• Biblical Citizenship Briefings - see informational section in the column to the right to stay continually updated and alert to watch and pray.
Periodically, check the column to the right which will at times include a listing of upcoming events, which are usually offered around election times, or when there are opportunities to get involved and help make your voice be heard.