"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12
A ministry of Emmanuel Faith Community Church, The Bridge is an award-winning ministry that serves the community in several ways. For over two decades, the Bridge's volunteers have helped students from grades K through 12 with their scholastic and spiritual needs three days a week. The Bridge has provided programs and services that have been very well received by the surrounding community.
Our goals are:
- To show the love of Christ and share the gospel.
- To improve the lives of our students by providing quality services and programs.
- To form positive relationships/friendships with our neighbors.
- To affect change for the better of our community.
- To develop healthy and positive adult-student personal relationships.
The Bridge also has meal teams that provide food for the students on Wednesday nights. After the children eat dinner, they are transported by volunteers to Emmanuel Faith Community Church to participate in the children's and youth ministries held there.
1. Homework Assistants are needed to come alongside students who need help with math, reading, language arts and social studies for elementary students, grades K-5th and youth, grades 6th-12th. This is an awesome opportunity for a child to see the light of Jesus shining through the volunteer. The time commitment is two hours per week, Mondays 3:30-5:30pm or Tuesdays 6-8pm for the school year, September through May.
2. Wednesday Nights. On Wednesday evenings, 5-6:30pm, we provide students a time to socialize in a positive environment, which includes dinner and transportation to EFCC to participate in the children's and youth programs from 6:30-8pm. We then return them to their homes. We need volunteers to assist with organizing and supervising games and socialization/recreation activities. The time commitment is about 2-1/2 hours per week.
3. Meal team. You or your small group can easily be involved with this ministry by providing a meal for students on Wednesdays before church. Individuals or small groups prepare or purchase dinner for 45 children two times during the school year. Once in the fall and once in the spring.
You can view other available positions here. Download application forms from the links on the top of this page to the right. (Back to top of page)
- A 7th-12th grade youth mentoring program.
- A music program.
- A parenting classes.
- Offering more specialized help for those high schoolers who need to make up credits for High School graduation.