Touch of Love
WHAT IS TOUCH OF LOVE?
"'… you shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:31
Touch of Love (ToL) exists to visit in the name of Jesus those of our community who can no longer make it to EFCC for whatever reason, and who desire remain connected to the church body. Many still live at home, many live in some retirement facility -- are basically house-bound and often are lonely.
Do you know someone who could use an extra
Touch of Love?
If you know of anyone who is not able to attend a worship service as much as they would like, please let us know. You can contact Judy Seale via email or (760) 781-2120. One of our team members will contact them and see if they would like us to come visit.
How can I get involved?
If you're interested in helping bring the "church" to people who can't come to church, then please consider joining our ToL team. Please contact Duke Argabright (click on name to e-mail).
You will receive monthly assignments that are made by email. The assignment includes links to the online database where you can see the info regarding the shut-in, including maps, etc. After you make an appointment and visit, you can make the report from your phone or computer.
What we ask and hope to receive from ToL Visitors:
• One or two visits a month. We try to keep them within a reasonable distance from your home.
• Call and make appointment. Some require no appointment.
• Plan to visit for no more than 30 to 45 minutes.
• Take good news of what is happening at church.
• Listen/learn of their family, needs, and prayer requests.
• Share scripture and pray for/with them.
• We have training materials to help you with the online activities of receiving assignments and making reports as well as general guidelines for your visits.
• Assignments and reports are made online. Assignments come to your computer and/or phone with phone numbers, maps and the history of past visit reports.
To volunteer or for more information, call (760) 781-2120.