What We Believe
EMMANUEL FAITH: WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1939, God has continued to grow the ministry of Emmanuel Faith Community Church, reaching about 5,000 men, women and children on campus every weekend. As an evangelical church, we believe the Bible. We proclaim it and explain it, applying its unchanging principles to the pressing problems of modern life, exalting its central figure, the Lord Jesus Christ. Through the Bible, we can personally know God and His Son, Jesus Christ. In it we find direction for life, delight in daily living, and true purpose. That is why we at EFCC endeavor to make careful and consistent Bible teaching the major emphasis in our ministries.
We believe that this Bible teaching ministry can best be adapted to the spiritual needs of our community apart from any denominational controls. For this reason, we are an independent church. Our congregation owns its own property, controls its own finances, and chooses its own Bible-oriented curriculum.
Because it is the believer's privilege and duty to carry the gospel to others, we are an evangelistic and missionary church. We are encouraged to share the good news of eternal life in Christ personally with those around us.
In addition to that, we support a steadily expanding, world missionary program which includes diversified means of outreach in various parts of the globe. Personalized praying and systematic giving help to involve us individually in this task of worldwide missions.
We firmly believe the great doctrines of historic Christianity as they are revealed in the Bible. A complete Statement of Faith appears in the church's Constitution & Bylaws, but to summarize briefly:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts and authoritative for daily living.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death for our sins, and His bodily resurrection from the grave.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by practice, are sentenced to eternal separation from God, and are in need of personal regeneration by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who have so trusted Christ as their Savior are indwelled by the Holy Spirit of God and enabled to live godly lives through submission to Him and dependence on Him.
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ, and in resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal judgment. It is our sincere desire and prayer that you may experience the assurance of forgiveness and eternal life that comes to those who have trusted the Savior.