SERIES: The Way: Embracing the Adventure of Becoming a Disciple
SERMON: The Given Name
PASSAGE: Matthew 3:13-4:11
TEACHER: Ryan Paulson, Lead Pastor
CLICK HERE to view all our worship service times and options.
Welcome to Church With EFCC
In The Way series, we’re embracing the adventure of becoming a disciple of Jesus. Come along with us as we take a closer look at the process of discipleship, and discover how to live in the way of Jesus with the heart of Jesus. We’ll learn more about being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and doing as Jesus does.
Let’s worship the Lord together! If you’re joining us on-campus, see the lyrics tab below, or CLICK HERE for a printable file (PDF) of the worship lyrics. A limited number of printed music lyrics also are available if attending in-person on our campus. Or follow along on-screen with us if you’re worshiping with us online.
Keep Growing …
In light of this weekend’s sermon, following are some ways that we can continue to grow in our relationship with God, both personally and in connection with others.
Life/Family Group Questions
Engaging With Each Other
1. What’s the one thing people misunderstand about you?
Engaging With the Scriptures
2. Ryan spoke at length about the importance of knowing and understanding our identity. What are some of the things he mentioned which stand out to you? Why? Some additional questions for consideration/discussion:
• Why is knowing our identity as Christians so important?
• What do we forfeit or risk forfeiting when we don’t know it? What do we gain when we do?
• What does knowing that you are beloved by God do for your sense of identity? Why?
3. There are three temptations the devil lobs at Jesus.
• What are they?
• What do they all fundamentally have in common? What are your thoughts about that?
• Which one(s) are most relevant for where you are in your life right now? Why?
Engaging the Scriptures with Life
4. What is one thing you can do this week to be more grounded in the love you were designed to receive (so that you can live the life you were designed to live)?
(If you would like access to the Leaders Notes for these discussion questions, please click here, and then click on the “Resources” tab.
“and behold, a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.’” Matthew 3:17
The Daily Fill Devotional
Access our daily devotional guide online, The Daily Fill. Or listen to our Daily Fill Devotional audio podcast! Each week, the devotional writers are recording an audio/spoken message of their devotional. Visit our podcasts page for more details to to link up now.
More EFCC Ministry Resources
Faith Kids | Junior High | High School | Young Adults
Current Sermon Series | The Daily Fill Devotional | Family News | Weekly Updates