SERIES: Comfort & Joy
SERMON: The Thrill of Hope
PASSAGE: Luke 2:22-33
TEACHER: Josh Rose, Teaching Pastor
CLICK HERE to view all our worship service times and options.
As 2020 comes to a merciful close, we could all use an extra dose of cheer. However, we don’t need the kind of unrealistic hope that promises we can forget the past nine months or that the flip of the calendar will automatically heal all of our wounds. We need the kind of joy that grounds us in a grace-filled past and a glorious future.
We need to be reminded of what God has done for us in becoming flesh. We need to remind ourselves that we are being pursued and loved by the King. Maybe more than any other recent year, we need Christmas! And as we experience the true Christmas, we anticipate God filling us with his comfort and joy.
Let’s start by worshiping the Lord together. If you’re joining us on-campus, see the lyrics tab below, or CLICK HERE for a printable file (PDF) of the worship lyrics. Or follow along on-screen with us if you’re worshiping with us online.
Keep Growing …
In light of this weekend’s sermon, following are some ways that we can continue to grow in our relationship with God, both personally and in connection with others.
Life/Family Group Questions
1. Report back on how you did in your application from last week. How did things go? What went well? What didn’t?
2. What two or three things from this week’s passage/message impacted you most? Why?
3. Of those top two or three, which one seems most relevant for you as you look at the context of your life right now? Why?
4. What is one thing you will do this week to apply your response to Question 3?
5. Share prayer requests and pray for each other, being sure to pray for each other’s responses to Question 4.
“Let’s hold firmly to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;” Hebrews 10:23 (ESV)
The Daily Fill Devotional
Access our daily devotional guide online, The Daily Fill. Or listen to our Daily Fill Devotional audio podcast! Each week, the devotional writers are recording an audio/spoken message of their devotional. Visit our podcasts page for more details to to link up now.
More EFCC Ministry Resources
Faith Kids | Junior High | High School | Young Adults
Current Sermon Series | The Daily Fill Devotional | Weekly Church Updates | Family News