SERIES: The Way: Embracing the Adventure of Becoming a Disciple
SERMON: The Pursuit of God
PASSAGE: John 15:1-11; Mark 3:14-15
TEACHER: Josh Rose, Teaching Pastor
CLICK HERE to view all our worship service times and options.
Welcome to Church With EFCC
In The Way series, we’re embracing the adventure of becoming a disciple of Jesus. Come along with us as we take a closer look at the process of discipleship, and discover how to live in the way of Jesus with the heart of Jesus. We’ll learn more about being with Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and doing as Jesus does.
Let’s worship the Lord together! If you’re joining us on-campus, see the lyrics tab below, or CLICK HERE for a printable file (PDF) of the worship lyrics. A limited number of printed music lyrics also are available if attending in-person on our campus. Or follow along on-screen with us if you’re worshiping with us online.
Keep Growing …
In light of this weekend’s sermon, following are some ways that we can continue to grow in our relationship with God, both personally and in connection with others.
Life/Family Group Questions
Engaging With Each Other
1. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Why?
Engaging With the Scriptures
2. When you hear the phrase “The Pursuit of God,” what thoughts come to mind? Why?
Some additional things to consider as you process your thoughts and an answer –
• Are they burdensome and legalistic thoughts? Why?
• Are they joyful and freeing thoughts? Why?
• Is it something you feel obligated to do or that you want to do? Why?
3. What does it look like for you to pursue God at this stage of your life? (“This stage” could be where you are spiritually, financially, chronologically, emotionally, physically. It could be that you consider one or more or all of these areas as you think about how to respond.)
Consider also –
• Is how you pursue God different today than it used to be? How so? Why?
• Are there any things that used to work but no longer work? What are they and why do you think that is?
• How has your spiritual growth affected the way you pursue God over the years?
Engaging the Scriptures with Life
4. What is one thing you can do this week to show God that you care about pursuing Him as well?
(If you would like access to the Leaders Notes for these discussion questions, please click here, and then click on the “Resources” tab.
“As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Abide in my love.“ John 15:9 (ESV)
The Daily Fill Devotional
Access our daily devotional guide online, The Daily Fill. Or listen to our Daily Fill Devotional audio podcast! Each week, the devotional writers are recording an audio/spoken message of their devotional. Visit our podcasts page for more details to to link up now.
More EFCC Ministry Resources
Faith Kids | Junior High | High School | Young Adults
Current Sermon Series | The Daily Fill Devotional | Family News | Weekly Updates