SERIES: Not So New. Not So Normal.
PASSAGE: Acts 4:1-22
TEACHER: Ryan Paulson, Lead Pastor
CLICK HERE to view all our current worship service times and options.
Welcome to Church With EFCC
Our latest series is about gaining vision for and an invitation to a life that is not so new and not so normal. Over the next few weeks, we’re going to look at some of the ways the early church lived – so it’s not new, it’s 2,000 years old. But as we’re also going to see, it’s not normal, it was very strange. Following Jesus is anything but normal. In one of his letters, Peter called Christians a “peculiar people.” That means we’re different; even strange. Be prepared because over the next few weeks, you will be challenged to jump off the “normal” path and onto something that’s weird. Strange. Abnormal. Join us for the Not So New, Not So Normal series.
This Sunday, May 2, we will be celebrating communion together in both our in-person and online services.
Modern Worship Services
Let’s worship the Lord together! If you’re joining us on-campus, the worship lyrics will now be available on screen for our in-person services. Or follow along on-screen with us if you’re worshiping with us online. See online service links below to view a service.
Classic Service Option Online
CLICK HERE to watch the Classic service online this Sunday morning at 9am. All interactive online services have moved to our main EFCC Online Church platform. You will need to set up an account on the Online Church platform (with an email address and a password), if you do not already have one or have not used Online Church in the past.
More Services Info
Keep Growing …
In light of this weekend’s sermon, following are some ways that we can continue to grow in our relationship with God, both personally and in connection with others.
Life/Family Group Questions
Engaging With Each Other
1. What is a favorite memory from high school?
Engaging With the Scriptures
2. What do you think of the idea that the early church had no social power but gained significant influence? Does that excite you? Frighten you? Concern you? Inspire you? And what’s one implication you can think of for how you live your life?
3. Three priorities were given in the message to show us how to chart a course forward as influencers. Remind each other what they are, and then spend some time discussing each one individually, using these questions to guide the way.
– Why is this priority important for you to remember and practice?
-As you look at this priority, what is at the heart of it?
– What is one way you can practice it this next week?
Engaging the Scriptures with Life
4. We can’t do everything, but we can do one thing. What is your “one thing” from this week’s message that you will apply in your life this week?
“Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.” Acts 4:13
The Daily Fill Devotional
Access our daily devotional guide online, The Daily Fill. Or listen to our Daily Fill Devotional audio podcast! Each week, the devotional writers are recording an audio/spoken message of their devotional. Visit our podcasts page for more details to to link up now.
More EFCC Ministry Resources
Faith Kids | Junior High | High School | Young Adults | Current Sermon Series | The Daily Fill Devotional | Family News | Weekly Updates